233 x 299 mm, 112 pages. London, UK
As exciting and fun-packed as the mags you read as a kid, Accent…
…celebrates lives lived outside the ordinary from around the world. It is a collection of true stories about inspirational, extraordinary people who dare to live life on their own terms. Accent is dedicated to the everyday heroes who make the world a brighter place simply by being themselves.
In this issue:
- Kodo Nishimura — Buddhist monk, make-up artist and cover star
- Messages from New York’s young activists
- The lives and loves of Toronto’s Dominatrices
- A guide to the tarot by mystic Shy Charles
- Lessons in fatherhood by black dads in London
- How Ion Barladeanu went from down-and-out in Bucharest to world famous
- Plus Smash Hits style band pages, complete with lyrics.
Editors-in-chief: Lydia Garnett & Lucy Nurnberg
Art director: Luke Tudor Griffiths
On the Journal:
‘Some people say if a magazine clears the third issue milestone it will survive. Accent have not only flexed their raw individual style with their third issue but absolutely smashed through this target with brave new changes. Now all grown up, running a supper club and with three brilliant issues behind them, the tone of the effortlessly punk and inherently ‘woke’ mag is more relevant than ever.’ Read more of Eve's Magazine of the week review of the issue.
Half-price back issue, was £10